Tuesday, 6 January 2015

DIY Almond Milk.


Homemade Cinnamon Almond Milk.

So if you don't have cows milk what are you left with? Goats? Almond? Rice? Soya? Coconut? Hazelnut? There are a myriad of options available, let's erase goats milk for a minute, I am a big fan of almond milk, I adore the stuff, unfortunately in my little town if you go to a coffee shop or cafe the chance of coming across it is very slim, so soy milk has to suffice, but outside of that, in my home almond milk is my go to & having just made a fresh batch for myself I thought I'd share it here as it's divine & so incredibly easy & go for you. 
Ingredients:

1 cup of almonds
3 cups of water
cinnamon; about 3 teaspoons ish

1. Put your almonds into a bowl with water & soak them overnight; during that time pamper your feet, paint your nails & have a bit of a pampering day filled with excitement of upcoming almond milk (I say this because I love doing things like this pre Christmas). 
2. Drain the wee almond dudes the following day; add them to a blender with the 3 cups of fresh water; blend it up until it is smooth & has the consistency of milk.
3. Pour the milk through a strainer into a bottle or jug of choice.
4. Add the cinnamon & blender again so it is mixed through with flavoured goodness.


That's it; it's done & you have fantastic entirely natural, vegan, homemade, almond milk for your coffee or milk requiring needs.

Have you ever made your own soy or almond milk from scratch? How did you get on? Do you prefer it to the shop bought ready made world?

No comments:

Post a Comment